Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Swim Lessons

Last week Ellie had her first round of swim lessons. She had a good time and never wanted to leave the water when it was time to go. She learned lots including......

how to reach and pull with her arms.

How to keep her chin as far from the water as possible :)......actually by the last class she would "swim with her mouth in the water and keep it closed.

How to balance enough to walk on the bottom of the pool. She especially enjoyed this skill since it meant freedom from Mommy holding her.

And even how to climb out of the pool.

She did learn many other skills including back floating, jumping off the side, front floating etc. It was a good experience for her and hopefully we can go swimming each week. She also loved watching the other three kids in the class. I think sometimes she would have been happy to just watch and not have to try it herself :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Ellie was able to go to swimming lessons. She will be a little fish soon...just like her Mommy was a few years back:) Tom you did a good job in capturing the swimming time.

Anonymous said...

She looks like she is doing so good. I wish her and Kadence could go together. I can't believe her pink suit still fits!!