Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Alaska State Fair

Last week and this week is the Alaska Sate Fair here in Palmer. Traffic was horrible on Saturday when we got caught in it coming home from Anchorage. To go about 3 miles to the fair parking took us about an hour. The fair was so packed we were always shoulder to shoulder with someone. So we decided to go back today on the $2 Tuesday. We went right at opening and were rewarded with a lot more space :) though the petting zoo lines was still half an hour long so we skipped that though I am sure Ellie would have loved petting the animals.

Below are a few pictures from our day today at the fair.

Relaxing in the stroller and eating a corn dog.

We saw lots of beautiful flowers. There is an entire exhibit hall for flowers. They even made a really awesome flower fairy maze for little kids to go through.

When you are only 32 inches tall you are too small to even go on the carousal so Ellie just enjoyed watching the rides and bouncing to the music.

...and of course the GIANTS of the fair. These are some of the giant vegeables that won. It is too bad that I don't have anything to scale them with....well actually there is. The hay bales are normal sized hay bales so you can kind of get an idea how big that wilted cabbage is in the middle of the picture. That purple vegetable is a turnip.

The following is a movie clip of Ellie barking at the rabbits. I am not sure what she thought they were....maybe funny looking dogs, but she sure wanted a reaction out of them.





Right after we left Ellie fell asleep still clutching her balloon :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sure looked like fun Jen. I can't believe those veggies. They are huge ! I bet it was alot of fun for princess.