I thought you might find the rainbow of wallpaper in our apartment interesting and it should give you an idea how much Russian people like bold patterns and colors in their homes. I am amazed that literally every room including the hall is decorated differently. I have included pictures so you can see the variety in our apartment. I left out a picture of the various colored tiles in the bathroom and toilet room.....I would not want you to be too stunned by all the color :)
Keep in mind that the colors in the pictures are washed out because of my flash. Also for a perspective note, the each of the individual patterns on the walls are about palm sized. These are not subtle little flowers on the wall. They are meant to be seen!
So here goes.....

Hallway......Kind of gives us a fall look.

Living Room.....Thank goodness this one is a subtle tan color or I think I would go crazy looking at it.

Kitchen......Not much to say except the flower things are gold metallic looking that is why there is a reflection in the picture. Also this wallpaper is 3D. The whitish part is a kind of foam that sticks up.

Ellie's Bedroom......Note the glitter sparkles in the pattern.

Our Bedroom.......This was paired with wall sized drapes in a dusty pink. Tom promptly removed those :)
I hope you survived this colorful experience. I restrained myself from posting pictures of the coordinating(or not so coordinating) rugs in each room. I think that would have been a bit much :)
Keep in mind that the colors in the pictures are washed out because of my flash. Also for a perspective note, the each of the individual patterns on the walls are about palm sized. These are not subtle little flowers on the wall. They are meant to be seen!
So here goes.....

Hallway......Kind of gives us a fall look.

Living Room.....Thank goodness this one is a subtle tan color or I think I would go crazy looking at it.

Kitchen......Not much to say except the flower things are gold metallic looking that is why there is a reflection in the picture. Also this wallpaper is 3D. The whitish part is a kind of foam that sticks up.

Ellie's Bedroom......Note the glitter sparkles in the pattern.

Our Bedroom.......This was paired with wall sized drapes in a dusty pink. Tom promptly removed those :)
I hope you survived this colorful experience. I restrained myself from posting pictures of the coordinating(or not so coordinating) rugs in each room. I think that would have been a bit much :)

4 comments:
Your descriptions are great:-)
You have a wide variety of colors and I have plain white walls here maybe you could share some with me.
very colorfull, maybe theres a hiden message in all the mess.
Well I definetly see what you are talking about, sorry not much decorating advice. Good Luck with those!
Looks like an interior wall of a Lakota Sioux teepee !
Guess who??????????
Post a Comment