Monday, November 20, 2006

Christmas Time......well at least in our apartment

This will be our first Christmas in Russia. We decided to try a first this year and just buy an inexpensive artificial tree. I know...I know....this goes against a Montana girl, but there is always room for variety...right! So we bought this tree the other day and last night decided to unpack it form its box. It took me awhile to fluff the branches and all the while Ellie thought it was a pretty cool, new toy. We put on the new strand of lights I bought with the tree. I had just tried them out and they all worked....well as always when we had them on the tree two of the colors were not working. We decided to just leave it even if we only have blue and white lights. For decorations I bought a little box of silver balls, little silver icicles, and some silver snowflake garland. I also have been working on making paper snowflakes for ornaments. Ellie enjoyed...maybe too much ..... playing with the silver balls. She though, did "help" put a couple ornaments on the tree. All in all, I think it looks pretty nice and to be honest it looks nicer than some of Tom and I's Alaska Christmas trees. Our first Alaska tree, we cut down in -30 degree weather and when it landed all the branches just snapped off. We tried for a second tree that year and it wasn't much better. I love the scent of real trees so that is the one thing I will miss. Below are several pictures of us decorating the tree, actually mainly just Ellie trying to decorate.
"What's this???"
"Oh, these balls are so fun"
"Look at them all....I can't hold them all at once, but I will try"
"This is interesting stuff.....I wonder how it tastes?"

"Hmmm......I have had better"
"Oh Mommy, Oh Mommy....can I please have it back"
"The finished tree"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the tree looks good now all you need to do is thread some popcorn then ellie can really have somthing to chew on.

Anonymous said...

the tree looks good now all you need to do is thread some popcorn then ellie can really have somthing to chew on.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fun day.Thanks for sharing the picture story with us. Ellie is a real joy and so entertaining:)

Anonymous said...

By the way...I enjoyed Steven's comment...might be a good idea!

Anonymous said...

Your tree looks really pretty. I just hope your package arrives before it is time to take it down because there are some things in it for your tree. I enjoyed seeing Ellie helping with it.
I plan to bake cookies with James soon and will try to get Lillian involved, too. Should be fun. Sure wish Ellie could be here, too.

Anonymous said...

Those pics are so cute along with the story. Thanks for sharing it with us. She just makes me laugh every time I see her what a goof. I think that maybey she looks a teeny weeny bit like Aunt Angie when she was a baby !!! Love ya tons.
Great job decorating the tree Jen it looks good.