It is Friday already and this week the theme for the challenge is CIRCLES. I took all these pictures inside my house of things I found that were circles. I kept finding more and more neat things so there are quite a few pictures. Enjoy!!!
This is a "Singing Bowl" from Asia. My parents gave it to me shortly after they moved to Asia. It is actually a type of bell and is made of 5 different metals. When you swirl the wooden mallet thing around the edge of the bowl it creates a beautiful sound. My daughter loves to play with it hence the little dents in the wooden mallet.
This is the fly wheel of an antique sewing machine that I have. I just thought it looked beautiful with all the metal swirls.
This is a wooden bowl that I painted with blueberries.
Here is the wooden bowl again, but setting on a doilie that we were given for our wedding.
This doilie is a special one that my Great Grandma Violet May McLeod made about 60 years ago. My Mom recently had one framed for my sister and I.
My daughter's room is kind of decorated with an Asian theme since Grandma and Grandpa live in Asia we can come by neat Asia decor pretty easily. These are some paper lanterns that hang across the ceiling in her bedroom. She also has some fancy decorated ones, but I liked the colors in these.
More lanterns.....
Last, but not least my son's chubby hand playing with the dials on my daughter's little play kitchen.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing some of the circles in my home. It was fun to look around and see all the circles. If you want to see more great pictures head over to Rebbeca's blog and join the fun of Foto Friday!









11 comments:
So beautiful! I love the bit of history behind the wooden mallet, and I am envious of your sewing machine!
I am so impressed with the idea of framing antique doilies! Clever!
I like so many of these!
The singing bowl is very unique. I also love the bowl that you painted. And the doilies! As a crocheter, I think they are beautiful. I also love the first photo of the lanterns. Great week for you!
It's difficult to pick favorites because they are all so great-If I HAD to pick favorites, are the lanterns and the framed doilie..I am a very sentimental person so that would be so special to me! :)
They are all so beautiful. I love the flywheel on the sewing machine though because it reminds me of my mother's old sewing machine.
I love the singing bowl. I like things that have interesting history to them.
I really like the picture of the lanterns where the red one stands out.
Very nicely done.
The singing bowl is really interesting. Thank you for sharing the stories behind the pictures. The lanterns are also great. (Well, all the pictures are great, but the singing bowl and the lanterns were my favorites.)
Have a wonderful weekend!
That first shot of the lanterns is my favorite! The colors. What is and is not in focus. it is perfect!
What lovely photos! I love that you hung the framed doily on the diagnonal; the unexpected angle draws your attention.
My favorite is the "blueberry" painted bowl. Primary reason being; I "see" the hands, heart & personality in the brush stroke of the painter. It is my turn to be sentimental!
With loving reflection.
I have tried posting comments on everyone's blogs and yours is the FIRST to allow me. I wonder why?!
Your blueberry bowl is BEAUTIFUL and the lace exquisite...those butterflies are awe-inspiring.
And I *LOVE* the lantern colors and angle you shot with. That is so great. I would love bright lanterns hanging from a bedroom wall!
Post a Comment