Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Square Foot Garden Stage 3

We finally finished up the construction of our garden area. I think it looks great and I can hardly wait unitl we can plant our starts in it. We do still have the vine structures to build on the long back box, but other than that we are done :).

Here it is..... it is 20x17 feet overall.

Another view.....

The soil is a mix of 1/3rd vermiculite, 1/3rd peat moss, 1/3rd compost.

It looks like our rhubarb transplanted well.....

I will try and do another post when we plant so you can see all our great vegetables :).

3 comments:

Barb said...

This looks so nice...wish I had a plot to garden in:)

Brimful Curiosities said...

Very cool raised bed design. We have one raised bed and hope to add two more this year. One of my friends gardens in squares but uses newspaper and straw to fill in the "paths" around the squares and doesn't have any raised beds.

DAD said...

Jennifer,

This is a great project. I am anxious to see the results (produce). Note: I've managed to "transplant" a few popcorn, peanut and potato chip crumbs in my bed! What kind of harvest do you think I will be able to benefit from??

Keep up the work...........an photos.

W/love,
DAD