Thursday, March 11, 2010

Feed Me Books Friday

I recently discovered a new blog that I have been enjoying called The Adventure of Motherhood. Janna, the Mother who writes it host Feed Me Books Friday. This is a fun way to share good children's books. This weeks theme is: Spring Fever.

Spring is Here written and illustrated by Lois Lenski.


This book is actually a poem written by Lois Lenski and first published in 1945. There is actually a little book for each season. The Summer book is our favorite, but "Spring is Here" is fun as well.

The poem begins with the phrase, " Spring is here today! Winter's gone away." It then progresses to describe spring in terms of all the senses. You can see the children, feel the sun and wind, hear the birds, see the flowers, dig in the garden.

It is a very sing/song flowing poem and has great whimsical drawings from the 40's. My daughter(4yrs old) has really enjoyed this book for several years, as well as the others in the series. It is small, only about 5in by 4 in, but it packs great illustrations and it brings spring alive in a fun poetical way.

We originally found these books at the library and have since purchased several of them.

5 comments:

Janna said...

Spring and/or Easter will be the theme for next week too.

That's a good sign when you borrow it and love it soo much you decide to buy it.

I am soooo happy to see the sun and feel it's warmth increasing. Take care. It's so good to have you join us.

Kirsten said...

Sounds like a good series of books to teach children about the seasons!

silly eagle books said...

I love Lois Lensky! Haven't seen this one, but it looks gorgeous. I need to find it ASAP.

Ashley Pichea [PicheaPlace.com] said...

I look forward to adding this book to my list to find at the library for our Spring Unit! :)Thanks for sharing your favorite book!

Unknown said...

Hi Jennifer!
Thanks for stopping by my WL blog! WOW! Your photos are gorgeous! What are you 'shootin' with? :) You do such a great job!

Thanks for the words of encouragement about my healthy living journey! To answer your questions, yes, I find it EXTREMELY helpful to have a blog dedicated to it...I didn't want to have all that on my regular blog so I just did that other small one. There is a huge community of people out there in the same journey and it's is such a blessing to work on this together! Writing down what I eat & do for exercise is so helpful and doing it where others can see keeps me accountable! :) YOU CAN DO IT! I use Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds DVDs as I don't have the time or money to go to a gym.I love 'em! I also walk outdoors if the weather is nice. I started off by getting them through the library and have since bought a few from Amazon. They are not TOO hard and not TOO easy. I also do them with light weights sometimes.

My greatest motivation is the ENERGY that I feel when eating healthy and exercising. When I eat tons of sugar and don't exercise, I get super tired all the time, bloated, headaches, and GROUCHY! I think that is my greatest motivation! I also want to be the best wife & mom that I can be so that also spurs me on! My faith is also an important part.

Thanks again for stopping by and I would be happy to help you in anyway! Ask any questions etc that you have! I love having people walking alongside me in this journey...it makes it so much more fun! :)

Blessings!
Amy