Friday, May 11, 2007

A New Skill...

....well really an old one that was never used or perfected. SEWING it is! I just bought a sewing machine with the idea that I could make some really cool things. Tonight I sewed a flannel blanket with a satin trim. If you look closely my stitches are really uneven (especially the zigzag one), but from a distance it looks pretty good.

I also bought a pattern and material for a summer dress for Ellie. After reading through the directions I am thinking that even thought the pattern has EASY across it in big letters, it won't be so easy for me. Hopefully though by the end of it we will have more than a new rag :)



My Sewing Machine


Ellie's new blanket


My next project.....a summer dress for Ellie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...that is looking really nice. I like the pink satin on the blanket and I am sure Ellie will really like it too. Nice work!