Thursday, May 10, 2007

Learning to pick up her toys!

I decided that mow is a good time for Ellie to learn to consistently pick up her toys. She will put them away on an occasion, but it has always just been easier for me to do it. So anyway, today was the day. While I was showing Ellie how to put the things from the floor onto the shelf she at first thought it was a game for her to then remove the toys. Silly girl.......finally she picked up on it and would even clap for herself when she put an item on the shelf. She did a pretty good job and got most of the books and larger things put away. We will work on putting all her building blocks away another time :)

Here is a picture of her shelf and the things she 'neatly' put on it.



On a side note.....Ellie loves raisins. We get her raisins in little boxes so she can carry them around for snack time. You will be impressed to know that she not only learned to pick up her toys today, but she did it all with a raisin snack box in one hand. She would sneak raisins into her mouth between picking things up.




The cutest thing she did was when I handed her the toy cell phone to put away. She did not put it on the shelf, but went looking for her little purse. She found the purse, put the phone it, closed it and then put the purse on the shelf. I guess she always find the phone in the purse because that is where I put it away at and she remembered and wanted to put it there too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good girl Ellie....Grandma gives you a big high five on doing all those cool things today. It is more fun when you keep your toys picked up and you can find them easily too. You are so precious and I am so glad your Mommy sends us lots of pictures of you.