Sunday, May 20, 2007

Little Yellow Dress

I finished sewing my first dress for Ellie. It is a VERY simple yellow sundress. It did include interfacing and buttonholes so I guess it was more then just sewing even seams :) I was pleased to find out that my sewing machine has an automatic buttonhole foot. That means I just insert the button for measuring and line up the material.....the machine does the rest. So technically I can't take credit for those nice button holes.

I put one of Ellie's white onsies under the dress for wearing while it is still a bit cool out.
The material I bought had this pretty floral embroidery on it already.

Here is a close up of the material and my button hole :)......The lighting is darkish because it was night when I took this picture. The color is white and yellow and it is brighter than depicted here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dress for Ellie turned out really cute...I can hardly wait to see her wearing it now!

Anonymous said...

You did such a cute job on her dress. It looks like a pro. Now I can design clothesw and you can sew them. Love ya hun.

Anonymous said...

The dress turned out really nice. I look forward to seeing it when I come.