Several days ago as we were driving I handed Ellie a board book to look at. She was quiet for quite some time and I smiled to myself thinking she just loves looking at books like I did when I was little (I could literally sit with my pile of books for hour). So with a smile I turned around to see if my Sweet One was still reading. To my disdain, I instead saw a half eaten bored book in her hands and a mouth full of cardboard. Oh Ellie!!!!! She had eaten off the entire spine of the book and gnawed the corner as well. So now we monitor Ellie with her books because I fear more than one will become her snack.
This morning she enjoyed packing around a little open the flap book. She loves opening up the tabs and turning pages. I have to speed read through books because for Ellie the thrill is not in the reading, it is in the page turning.
"Ellie turning pages"
"Ellie trying to open the flap"

3 comments:
She is going to really enjoy reading just keep the books nearby.
"READ": To understand language by interpreting written symbols for speech sounds. -- are you being presumptuous in suggesting that she has no interest in seeking an understanding of the "print" on the page based upon the manner she "handles" the media on which the print is presented? ...hmmmmmm .... perhaps if the media was of a higher perishable quality, the likelihood of her recognizing a "loss" due to inappropriate handling would increase.
Just wait untill she gets a sister that doesn't take as good of care of her books man will it make her mad!!!! mmmmmmmwonder who iam talking about !
Post a Comment