A lake scene
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
A Day in Kostroma
This morning we rode with the Sullivans to a city called Kostroma. It is about 1 hour from Yarolsavl. We met some other Christians there in the central square and prayer walked some of the downtown area. After walking Tom and I had been admiring some beautiful oil paintings for sale in the square. Tom initiated a conversation with one of the artists selling his pictures. This conversation was of course through someone who spoke both English and Russian. It became a great opportunity for Tom to share about his faith. We then bought two really beautiful paintings. My sorry photo doesn't do the paintings justice. They remind me of some of Thomas Kinkaide's paintings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Sounds like you had a very special day. I really like the paintings you found...they will brighten your walls up:)
i like the framed one the best, i bet it was fun to see some of the city. I bet Ellie was all wide eyed with all the excitement.
The old church architecture (roof) is interesting. I wonder if it is Russian Orthodox??? Birch tree focal companion. Neat!
Post a Comment