Friday, May 07, 2010

Foto Friday ~ Still LIfe

This week's Foto Friday challenge of getting still life photos was rather difficult. I had lots of ideas, but not much time so I didn't do any of them. This morning I was feeling a bit left out by not participating so I snapped these following pictures.






This was Ellie a couple of days ago. She wanted me to take a picture of her bucket of dandelions. I thought this angle would be kind of neat. I liked it showing her little feet and dress.

This was probably not my favorite type of photography. I realize I am lacking in the still life area so I am going to try this again so I can improve on groupings, as well as angle and lighting. 

10 comments:

Jemit said...

OH, that tulip with books and candle is sooooo gorgeous!

Bonnie said...

The first and third are stunning!

Terri said...

Beautiful! I love the 1st and the 3rd one.

Anonymous said...

The candle, books, and tulips--poster worthy!!

Rebecca said...

If we were competing, you would definitely win this weeks' challenge! Awesome job!

I love the second to last one best-but the book one is a VERY close second.

I agree with you-it was hard, but I perused Flickr later today and realized all the possibilities and realized it might be fun to try this out again. Someday. When I have NOTHING to do. ;-)

momawake said...

Great photos. I like the third one probably because I love old books.

Anonymous said...

All the photos of the tulip are great. I love their simplicity. But I have a soft spot for a bucket full of dandelions. So sweet!

Full of Grace said...

I Loved ALL your tulip shots, they were all amazing!

Grandma Mary Jean said...

I like the ones with the tulip reflected in the mirror. And Ellie's dandelions are great. She can come pick dandelions in my yard anytime!

Anonymous said...

Wow! The first and third one are amazing. I love the books with the little first of color from the flower and then the flame from the candle. The reflection of the flower in the mirror with the word hop is gorgeous. Amazing!