Friday, September 25, 2009

Foto Friday ~ Capture the Wind

I wanted to participate in this great new weekly challenge that Rebecca at http://zeahrenaissance.blogspot.com is hosting. Last week I was not able to do it and this week I thought it was not going to happen either. We had some bathroom problems that required us to vacate our house for 4 days while the bathroom was remodeled. Anyway we decided during this time to drive over to Whitbey Island (about 2 hours from home). It was while we were on the beach that I tried to capture the wind. Actually I succeeded in capturing how wind is used and the effects of it.......





I think beach trees are so interesting since they are so beaten into angles shapes from the strong winds that hammer against them.

This was a fun challenge and next week I believe it will be to get some great photos in Black and white.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat! You captured more than the effects of wind!!

W/love,
Dad/Grandpa

Full of Grace said...

Ahh...Beachy Wind :) I love beachy wind, although I only get that kind of wind when we are on vacation at the beach! :)

Rebecca said...

And succeed you did!!! What fabulous photos!

(I wish I had need for a bathroom remodel, if it meant some beach time!)

I am having a hard time deciding which picture I like best~ I love the first one with the perfectly visible white feathers but I really love the bird hovering above the sand too.

Your wispy beach girl is precious!

*Thank you* for participating and I hope to see you NEXT Friday too! :-)

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE your pictures! :)

Wendy said...

Great job...I love those pictures where you can actually feel or smell it...love it!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Those pictures brought back great memories. Yes, we're missing the beach. Desert sand just isn't quite the same. ;) You did a great job capturing the wind!!