Thursday, February 04, 2010

Ellie ~ 4 years old

Wow! It is so hard to believe that our little Ellie is already 4 years old. She is a bright, intelligent, funny, articulate, thoughtful, creative and independent little girl.

There are so many things about Ellie that I could write......
I will just jot down a few interesting things, favorites etc.



A couple of funny word things that Ellie does.......She calls frost, frosting and calls frosting, frost. She says "bizaster" for "disaster". Calls herself "my big self". Calls the mini van "mini ban". I know we could correct these words quickly, but it is kind of cute :)


Recently watched the disney movie "Pollyanna" and enjoyed it. Movies are a treat that she gets maybe once every couple of weeks/month. Later that week after watching the movie she came inside and was covered in dirt. I asked her what she was doing. She told me that she was trying to climb a tree like Pollyanna. She was climbing Kijik's tree in our backyard. The funny thing is that that tree is huge and the lowest branch is maybe 20 feet off the ground and the diameter of the tree base is 4 feet or so. I think she was just sliding up and down as far as she could reach on he trunk. I  told her that whenever she wants to climb trees she can come get me and we will find a good tree and I will help her :)


Ellie loves to look at her books. We can read her a book once and she can nearly read it back to us. She obviously has a great memory. Along with this she is learning the sounds that go with letters and can now spot and sound out quite a few letters. Her favorite is "E". She loves going to the library to get new books.


Ellie loves to play with her kitchen stuff, her trains, her baby Susie, read books, play with wedgits, play with Owen's toys, play in her box with her little animals and ride her trike.


Ellie still has her special blanket and she will gather up the little tabs ont he ends into her little hand and fall asleep with a fist of tabbies.


Ellie enjoyes her swim lessons and has now advanced to the next level. She is learnign lots of new skillls and can do a sit dive into the water and swim out to her teacher. I think her favorite part is getting to jump into the water.

Well since I have reached the end of the pictures I will stop for now. If and when I think of other tidbits to add I later add them to this post.

2 comments:

Barb said...

These are really cute pic's. I sure enjoyed my time with you guys and spending special time with Ellie (Owen too)and playing.

Barb said...

Happy Birthday to Ellie on your 4th Birthday on the 4th of February. How cool is that! Love you much. I am sending some bigggg hugs across the ocean to you..... XXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO