Saturday, May 25, 2013

Nature Walk!

I told the kids that after I took there pictures they could do a little exploring in the woods. Ellie as always, had her nature backpack all packed and ready for an adventure.

Ellie drawing a flower.....

Owen collecting sticks......wherever we go Owen always finds sticks that he needs to save and bring home. Sticks and flower picking seem to be his thing :)

As we were walking around Ellie spotted this Bighorn Sheep. We watched it for awhile and snapped a few pictures. We realized it was heading to the creek and we were between it and the water. It finally went further down and crossed to the water.

Owen with flowers for Mommy.....

Ellie's artwork!

Ellie with a lovely purple flower.

This little nature trail area in the national forest is only a couple miles down the road from us so we enjoy going there quite often.

1 comment:

Barb said...

That is so cool you have your own little nature trail so close to home. I am sure the kids will remember this time of taking hikes through here with fond memories. I hope I can take a hike through there too one day:)