Tuesday, March 15, 2011

She Will Be Missed

~ September 2010~


This evening my Grandma, Dorothy Geiger passed away. It is hard to find the words to express what she meant to my family. I do know that she was a wonderful grandma and every visit to her was a blessing. She had so many interests and talents.....so much to show and teach. I believe that my love of reading, books and literature came from her as she always had stacks of books she was reading. I think I can also attribute some of my sentimentality to her as well. She saved may things and each one had a special significance and sentiment to it. I find I do the same thing and will always hold dear to my hear the things she gave me and the letters she wrote to me.

And then there is rocks......Grandma loved collecting unique rocks as do I and this has also passed on down to her great granddaughter Ellie. Last night Ellie showed me a beautiful, round rock she has had for 4-5 months. She told me she has been carrying it around in her coat pocket so it would not get lost.It now sits on her nightstand table. it reminds me of grandma and the beautiful rocks she had in her living room cabinet

There are so many memories, thoughts and emotions about my grandma, but this one thing I know she knew and that was that she was loved by me.

I praise God that He blessed us with the time on this earth that He did.

1 comment:

Barb said...

So special....:)