This week's Foto Friday challenge theme was "Learning". I snapped a couple of pictures of things Ellie and I are learning.
For me I am learning how to better use my camera and take better pictures through the help of some great Photography books.
Does anyone else have the same problem as I do. I get inspired when I see wonderful photographs then I just can't seem to capture the same beauty at a given moment. I think again my biggest problem here is lighting, but I have been experimenting with aperture to help compensate in that area even though less of the picture is in focus it still allows more light in.
Ellie has been writing her letters and practicing the sounds. Here she is learning how to write "E". She seems to like to add extra lines to the letter :)
To make learning letters more fun, Ellie gets to use the letter tiles from our "Bananagrams" game. She likes arranging the tiles and looking for certain letters. Her favorite being.......E!
Please excuse the paint on her fingernails and her arm. What can I say...she loves art.
The following pictures are from a recent trip to the Seattle Aquarium. Ellie was learning about different sea creatures.
Jellyfish watching.....
Trying to reach down to feel the crab in the touching pool. This is absolutely Ellie's favorite part of the Aquarium. She loves to touch things and gets so much pleasure from touching the various textures of the sea creatures.
As always, if you wish to see more Foto Friday pictures head on over to Rebecca's blog and check them out.







7 comments:
Yes I do have the problem of being inspired by others pictures, and not being able to do it myself. Probably because I have a point and shoot.
I LOVE the aquarium photos! That looks like such a fun trip.
Your aquarium pictures are so wonderful.. great job!
I love all of them, but I think the aquarium shots are my favorite.
Ellie with the letter "L" is my favorite. Her face is not the focus, but not out of focus enough to make my eyes hurt as these shots sometimes do.
The jellyfish shot is my favorite. It's so pretty. I can never get good shots with them.
My daughter is 10 and still loves the hands on area of the aquariums the best.
Yes, I can TOTALLY relate to seeing a photo and not being able to replicate it. Envious of you book collection there. :D I have had to rent from the library, and even at that, because everyone wants to read them, I have to wait and wait and wait.
I LOVE your aquarium photos!! WONDERFULLY done! And I love the photo of the girl with the L. Her just a touch out of focus with that I am not happy look. PRICELESS!!! :D
I agree with Paula - your aquarium photos are fantastic and what a fun way to learn of sea creatures :)
Post a Comment