This week has been really rainy outside so I thought that I would try and get a few black and white photos of object in my house. I think black and white pictures look good if there is contrast as well as texture. Here are 3 pictures that I think turned out pretty nice.
This is a row of old books that I have mostly been given. the little on is a new testament from 1840.
This is a wooden cross that my Grandpa Geiger made. It is extra special now because my Grandpa has passed away.
This is a hand pressed and textured pottery bowl that I made awhile back.
Friday, October 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Beautiful! We have a secretary full of antique books, I love looking at them!
I think the antique books are my favorite too...I like how we are taking pictures of ordinary things...but putting a special emphasis on them...so cool!
I am a sucker for close-up shots! You captured your shots beautifully :)
ps..I lived in Washington State very briefly as well :)
It's so good to have you!
Your photos are truly stunning. I loved seeing all of them~ of course, antique books have such depth to them and elegance. You know I love that.
And that BOWL?! YOU MADE IT?!!?!
That, my friend, is really really cool.
Jennifer you outdid yourself this time very nice shots. I am partial to the cross picture for the sentiment value. Love you sis.
Thank you for posting the photos. As you know,I just returned from Laos and was "checking in" on my daughters/son blogs for an update! I was pleasantly surprised to see your shots. It also reminded me of our common interest in books and family "times" of years since gone by, yet still bound by the bonds of our Lord's love.
I love the picture of the books. Then again, I do have a thing for books. lol! That bowl is beautiful!!
Post a Comment