Sunday, September 07, 2008

Ellie's First Horse Ride!

One place we stopped in British Columbia was at the Historic Hat Creek Ranch. It is a living history museum restored to 1870's or around that time.



This is looking over the bridge to the old lodge building.

When Ellie saw the horses she got pretty excited. So we decided to buy her a "pony ride". Well, it was not on a pony, but she loved it and was so brave.

Ellie on the horse named Scream. They wanted Tom and I to walk along the sides and hold onto her legs, but as soon as we touched her she very seriously told us "Please don't touch me. I can ride!" Ok, Ellie .......ride away!

See the happy smile.

She even managed to keep her seat when the horse shook all over. I think she though it was rather fun :).

Little Cowgirl!!!

This picture is for Grandpa Petersen. Notice that riding position.....toe on stirrup, heel down, leaning forward. She is a natural :).

Just chilling and enjoying her ride!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the horse riding pics. She is really a natural. I think it would be a great Christmas gift for her.

Anonymous said...

"Star" potential !!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes ...a natural! I like the "form" in Granpa' pic.

Anonymous said...

Take "it" to the ranch girl! "chillin" is cool!