We finally went out fishing with Ellie yesterday. She was so excited and kept saying over and over, "I go fishin!!!!". After looking into good spots to fish we have found that there are tons of great little lakes around our valley. We ended up checking out 3 lakes during our fishing trip. We started off at Matanuska Lake....

Tom and Ellie walking down the trail to the lake. Ellie is holding her hand up in the air like that because she is balancing. She slipped on the gravel trail and then I showed her how to hold her hands out a bit for balance and I guess her best balance comes from having her hand up like that :)

Ellie and Tom in the tackle box. The tackle box was like a treasure trove to Ellie. She would pick out the salmon eggs one by one from the jar and hand them to Tom to put on the hook. She had to be a part of everything!!!!

Ellie and Tom attempting to fish with the same pole. This along with the nice railing to keep kids from falling int he water was pretty frustrating to Ellie. So we went up to Sportsman's Warehouse and bought her a fishing pole and then decided to try out Finger Lake.

Ellie carrying her new fishing pole and tackle box.

Fishing in in Finger Lake. Ellie could even cast and reel in her little pole. You just had to be careful where you were standing when she would cast and I also usually held onto her hood because she had some pretty good momentum with her cast.

After Finger Lake we went to Kepler-Bradley Lake. This lake had lots of tiny little fish that you could see if you watched closely.

Ellie gave up on the fishing pole and decided that she would like the fish to come to her hands.

Ellie and Tom fishing together.
Now every time I ask Ellie what she wants to do I hear a fourth thing, "Go walkin!, Play blocks!, Read books!, Go fishin!"
So there you have it......Ellie most favorite things to do
Tom and Ellie walking down the trail to the lake. Ellie is holding her hand up in the air like that because she is balancing. She slipped on the gravel trail and then I showed her how to hold her hands out a bit for balance and I guess her best balance comes from having her hand up like that :)
Ellie and Tom in the tackle box. The tackle box was like a treasure trove to Ellie. She would pick out the salmon eggs one by one from the jar and hand them to Tom to put on the hook. She had to be a part of everything!!!!
Ellie and Tom attempting to fish with the same pole. This along with the nice railing to keep kids from falling int he water was pretty frustrating to Ellie. So we went up to Sportsman's Warehouse and bought her a fishing pole and then decided to try out Finger Lake.
Ellie carrying her new fishing pole and tackle box.
Fishing in in Finger Lake. Ellie could even cast and reel in her little pole. You just had to be careful where you were standing when she would cast and I also usually held onto her hood because she had some pretty good momentum with her cast.
After Finger Lake we went to Kepler-Bradley Lake. This lake had lots of tiny little fish that you could see if you watched closely.
Ellie gave up on the fishing pole and decided that she would like the fish to come to her hands.
Ellie and Tom fishing together.
Now every time I ask Ellie what she wants to do I hear a fourth thing, "Go walkin!, Play blocks!, Read books!, Go fishin!"
So there you have it......Ellie most favorite things to do

3 comments:
Looks likes lots of great fun and some very nice fresh air to enjoy! Oh to have a "little" fresh air and open space :)....These are some memory making pictures and I'm glad you have a nice spot to go fishing!
That looks like alot of fun together. Ellie you are going to have to teach Kadence how to fish when we come visit. Love you princess
well it looks like ellie is pretty well outfitted but she is lacking a fishing vest, you no to hide candy and snacks in of course lol, looks like you guys had fun the next time i want to see a fish on that pole.
Post a Comment