Monday, September 20, 2010

Beartooth Highway

When we were passing through Laurel on our way to Glendive I remembered all the times as a kid when we used to drive over the Beartooth Highway. So we went for a quick drive up part of the pass. It was snowing a bit when we were up there. Ellie was so excited to see the snow and said, "Yeah! Now it is winter." She loves the snow.

Looking down the Pass. You can see the highway cutting up the side of the mountain.

Ellie was pretty thrilled to see a bunch of "very friendly" chipmunks in the parking area. She shared her raisins with them.

Up on the overlook.

Grandma and Ellie on the overlook.
After scrambling up these rocks Ellie asked me to to take her picture :)

1 comment:

Barb said...

I feel the cold air again just looking at these:)....a beautiful drive...I'm glad we took the extra time to do it.