Last August I had found a Railroad Museum in Snoqualmie that hosted a "Day out with Thomas Train". Unfortunately we had already missed it for that summer so I thought I would just plan for the next one. This past weekend finally came and Ellie and Owen were able to go to an amazing, fun day with Thomas Train. We spent about 4 hours there. They were able to ride the train, play with trains, see miniature steam trains, eat lunch, hear amazing kids entertainment, meet Thomas and Sir Topham Hatt, Follow a map to get stamps and then get a prize for the completed map, and many other fun things. It was a great day and I know Ellie will remember it for a long time.
I know there are a ton of pictures in this post, but I promise I really did narrow them down considerably :)
Ellie and her Thomas Train friends.....
When we first arrrived there we were walking along the edge f the Depot and Ellie spotted Thomas coming into the station. She was pretty excited.......
Ellie getting a Thomas train tattoo.
Owen getting a Thomas Train tattoo.
Sir Topham Hatt
Saying goodbye.....
These little steam trains were so fun to watch. Ellie would have loved to have taken on home with her. They are actual steam engines and according to one of the ladies running them they only cost about $400 per engine :).....They were pretty awesome to watch.
This lady sang some really fun songs and Ellie got to be a "helper" on this song. She was one of the apple pickers.
Finally it is time for our train ride. Here is Ellie, Tom and Owen getting on the train.
Owen all ready for the ride.....
Ellie ready for the ride......
Ellie getting the tickets ready to give to the conductor......
Watching as we go by the depot.
Happy Owen!!!!
Ellie enjoying the ride and watching the scenery go by. The train ride was 30 minutes long and we went up to just past the Snoqualmie falls. It is was pretty neat to look down and see the amazing falls.
Owen pointing out the window......
Ellie waving!!! She had fun waving to people she saw from the train window.
Owen and Ellie looking out the window.....
More train ride fun.....
This is info on the old passenger coach car we rode on.
After our ride we walked down along the tracks a ways to watch Thomas as he chugged by with more passengers.
On our way home we decided to make a stop over at the Snoqulamie falls and guess who was chugging by at the top of the falls......Thomas!!!
It sure was a fun way to spend a Saturday!


2 comments:
I am so glad you had the opportunity to do this. What a fun memory for our little train girl and her little brother. Looks like a very special fun day!!!
Oh what fun to see a story book come alive!
Post a Comment