Friday, January 15, 2010

Foto Friday ~ Snow

It has been awhile since I participated in  Foto-Friday and I kind of missed it. So once agian I am going to try and get pictures for each Friday. This time of year we get NO direct sunlight in our house or yard because of how close we are to the base of the mountain. Well, no sunlight equals not the greatest pictures. And to top that off we have not had much lasting snow either....so for this Foto-Friday I had to drive up the pass about 15 miles to capture these pictures. They are not what I had in mind, but they are still kind of neat. We had sun peeking out at home, but the higher we got it became foggy and gray. There are a few ice pictures as well because all the water that runs over the rock edges freezes in the winter and leaves rally interesting ice designs. I know ice technically isn't snow, but close enough....right:).


This Ski Resort is about 15 miles up the mountain from us.


I thought the turquoise seat poles were kind of neat. Not much else for color on a cloudy day :)


This little house is getting buried. Whenever we drive by it I check to see if the second story windows are covered yet.


Ice


Snow and Sky


Icefall


Drip! Drip! Frozen in time.


If you would like to join in the fun or just want to check some wonderful pictures go to Rebecca's blog.

7 comments:

Tracy said...

I'd love to live in that house... seriously! And I like the icefall picture, too.

Bonnie said...

Wow! These are all so beautiful, I can't pick a favorite!
The ice falls might get it though, that is really neat.

Unknown said...

Why is it that snow makes everything so much more vivid, like the sky in your photo for instance? Amazing!

Rebecca said...

and we kinda missed YOU! (or maybe not KINDA)

You always post such exceptional shots. My favorites:

ski lift
blue sky
ice cave
buried house (is that FOR REAL!?!?! wow)

#1 Top of the class picture is the blue sky/mountain photo. That is just beyond stunning. If we were holding a contest between contributors-I think that would take it.

Pitsch Family said...

What a really neat contrast with the ski lifts. Now you guys just need to go ride those babies ! :)
Also your scenery like always sis is breathtaking, i agree with you capturing the prize. Sure wish you were closer to give me lessons.

Jemit said...

so very beautiful!!!! great pictures. I loved the ski lift one..

Cochran Clan News said...

Wow, what a beautiful place to live. If I lived near mountains I would never take them for granted as some do. They are so majestic. I also think driving would be dangerous for me as I would not focus on the road much. . . The ski lift picture is awesome! My favorite picture is the 2nd to last, the ice falls, Glorious.
Janey