On Memorial Day we decided to go for a day hike. The Iron Goat trail is a beautiful trail not far from our house that was built on an abandoned railroad grade. It even included parts with the old tunnels and snow shed walls. We only went about 3 miles, but it was still fun. Once we got back to the trailhead we realized when looking at the map that we were within a 8th of a mile of where one of the tunnels was....oh well next time:)
Walking along the trail. This trail has had a ton of work put into it and it is designed to be accessible by strollers and such.
Ellie trying to catch drops of water in the run off.
Wildflowers!
Trillium
Calypso
Hey....this is fun!
Cute little Owen!
Mountains!
Owen having the rough life of being carried.
Friday, May 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Looks like lots of fun. I am glad you were able to all go for a hike and enjoy the beautiful outdoors.
The snow must have melted to allow them to open it. Too bad it wasn't open when I was there. I'll look forward to hiking it the next time I visit.
Post a Comment