Tonight we went searching for Wolverine Lake. We never did find the lake after trudging through a lot of thick underbrush, but we did find a cute little wood frog. Wood frogs are the northern most frog in the world and in the winter they freeze solid then thaw out when spring comes and continue living. Pretty Amazing!!!
Anyway here are pictures of Ellie with her frog. Tom helped her touch it gently.....

"Oh my frog"

So small....

Then Tom let it down on the ground and Ellie managed to catch it all by herself. She was pretty proud of her frog!!!

Little Wood Frog!!!
Ellie brought her frog home with us and showed Grandma it on the web cam, then we went outside and released it in by the little pond in our yard. I imagine that Ellie will expect it to still be there tomorrow....we will see :)
Anyway here are pictures of Ellie with her frog. Tom helped her touch it gently.....
"Oh my frog"
So small....
Then Tom let it down on the ground and Ellie managed to catch it all by herself. She was pretty proud of her frog!!!
Little Wood Frog!!!
Ellie brought her frog home with us and showed Grandma it on the web cam, then we went outside and released it in by the little pond in our yard. I imagine that Ellie will expect it to still be there tomorrow....we will see :)

2 comments:
Thanks for letting me have such a fun time watching Ellie play with her little "frog friend". She had the sweetest expressions on her face and I laughed so hard when she tried to put it in the backpack for safe keeping. I sure hope it decides to make the little pond its new home and she can watch it for a few more days:) until you leave. I was not aware of the info about this little frog...thanks for sharing that too.
I am praying for you as you continue to pack and prepare for the long drive next week. Try to get as much rest as you can and don't work too hard:).
what a fun find. She is such a brave little girl to not be afraid of the frog. Such cute pics. thanks jen
Post a Comment