Ellie's new outside enjoyment besides dirt piles, is rocks. Now that our landlords flower/rock garden is completed they have a little working waterfall and pond area in it. Ellie knows from her trip to the river that rocks are for throwing in the water. So as soon as we head out to the front yard she beelines to the "pond". Now this "pond" is only about 4 feet wide and not too deep. I allow Ellie to throw in only a couple of small rocks. Pretty soon if she could throw to her hearts desire the pond would fill up. So after a tearful parting from rock throwing, I convinced Ellie that it would be fun to put rocks in her pockets. I think at first she liked the idea because after collecting about 10 rocks she again headed over to the pond. I guess she figured, "I have a smart Mommy, she gave me a good idea on how to carry lots of rocks for pond throwing". I was able to deter her with more rock collecting and airplane spotting so the pond still has water in it for today.
The following pictures are taken in rather quick succession.....

rock go in.....

....other rock goes in

...hmmm, maybe I want the rock back

.....AHHHHHH, it's stuck
1 comment:
I had left a comment but must have forgot to submit it yesterday or something. These are so cute....Ellie's great grandma Geiger would like these rock pictures since she enjoys collecting rocks too. I like the black and white.
Post a Comment